Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Peaches and Cream Popsicles

It's the start of popsicle season around these parts! So much easier than having to freeze an ice cream maker for 24 hours before mixing up the goods. Just through all the bits in the blender and move it to the popsicle mold and BAM... you wait six hours til they're done.

But you know what?! Most recipes make a dozen pops, so when they ARE done, you get 'em outta the mold, put them in the small sealable snack bags and you have popsicles until everyone eats them. Make a new popsicle a few nights each week and your family has a few flavors to choose from whenever popsicles are administered.

We're currently out of mango lassi popsicles (frozen mango, whole fat yogurt and a dash each of maple syrup and vanilla extract) and only have a few thai iced tea popsicles left (but those are for grown-ups anyway) .

I based these on a recipe from Chow, but I don't have marscapone cheese in my fridge! Holy cow! So I switched up the recipe to include what I had.

I'll let you know in six hours if they're any good. That said, I may have dipped my finger in the mixture (blender off and unplugged) and it was fairly delicious, albeit a tad sweet. I might leave out sugar next time.  

Peaches and Cream Popsicles  Recipe


Ingredients
1/2 cup whole fat yogurt
4 small peaches
1/4 sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 t vanilla
Dash of salt  

Directions
1. Mix up in the blender.
2. Pour into molds.
3. Wait 2 hours before you put the sticks in, so it sets a bit.
4. Wait another 4 hours, or until set.
5. Pop out and put into sealable snack bags. Maybe even eat one.

No comments: